There are so many amazing child sponsorship programs out there… But why should you sponsor a child in India through Love One More?
- Love One More is dedicated to one over-arching mission: to share the gospel about Jesus Christ to all children across rural India. This good news is that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave so we could be saved and come into a relationship with God.
Why is this so central to Love One More’s mission? As 2 Corinthians 5:17-18a says.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ.”
The gospel of Jesus Christ changes hearts and minds; it changes everything!
Through sharing the news about Jesus throughout the rural villages in India, over 25,000 children and families have been affected tremendously in a positive way. These children and families have been impacted through Love One More’s homes, schools, day care centers and evening study centers, all which focus on the sacrifice Jesus made.
- Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, Love One More can care for and love one more. Love One More cares holistically for the children by giving love and hope, providing food, clothing, gifts, and education, healthcare and safety and security.
Love and hope: Consistent with our mission to lead with the gospel, the children are told about Jesus Christ and His love for them. They learn that they are children of God! The house parents, pastors and leaders exemplify this by consistently following Jesus’ teachings by loving the children the way He taught. The children are also encouraged to share the love and hope of Jesus Christ with their family and the rest of the village.
Food: The children who live in the Love One More homes are fed balanced meals that they might not receive if they were living elsewhere. The children who attend the day care centers and the evening study centers receive a nutritious snack before they leave to go home.
Clothing: Every year, Love One More provides new outfits for each child, whether they are sponsored or not. If you sponsor a child, you are able to give him or her the gift of a new outfit!
Gifts: Not only are you able to give a new outfit to your sponsored child, you can give other gifts as well! To see the different types of gifts you can give, log in to your account on our website.
Healthcare: Medical camps are conducted throughout the year at the villages Love One More is in. These camps screen, test and evaluate the health of the children. Not only that, but these camps also help the children’s parents and other family members!
Education: Whether a child is sponsored or unsponsored, lives in a Love One More home, attends one of our schools, day care centers, or evening study centers, each child has the opportunity to get a quality education and supplementary help for their schooling. In India, most public schools offer lax and unbalanced education. Because of Love One More, all children receive and education that helps them learn and grow.
Safety and security: In 2 Samuel 22:3, David says,
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.”
Love One More provides safety for all children in their program, and extends it to those without protection. Love One More educates children, teens, women and men in the villages about sexual abuse, child marriage, child labor, female infanticide, trafficking and more. To find our more about the work Love One More is doing to extend safety to children, visit our Safe Spaces page.
- Love One More focuses on helping and training indigenous people in India while being sustainable. the indigenous workers, pastors, leaders and teachers all have a relationship with the Lord which enables them to fully manage and care for the Love One More program. By relying on and equipping the indigenous people in India, it keeps Love One More’s cost low but more importantly, it maximizes our effectiveness in reaching remote, rural and tribal areas.
Even though the Love One More ministry is indigenous and sustainable, we need your help! You are a pivotal part in helping us to stay indigenous and sustainable. You help to empower the workers, pastors, leaders and teachers who are part of Love One More. You empower them to go and share the good news of Jesus Christ, to plant churches and to care for the little ones across India.
How can you empower Love One More?
- PRAY. Prayer is the most important action you can take. 1 John 5:14 says,
“This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.”
- PARTNER. Your financial support and sponsorship are the reason that these workers, pastors, leaders and teachers are able to go out and help others.26% of Indians are illiterate
163 million people live without access to clean water
56% are without access to sanitation facilities
50 million people in India live in extreme poverty, earning less than $1.90 a day
You give millions of people a quality education, drinkable water, access to healthcare and the ability for men and women to start providing for themselves financially.
- PARTICIPATE. You can visit India to empower those in the field. There are three types of trips that we offer. Each trip gives you an opportunity to see the work that God is doing and also help our brothers and sisters in India. Click here to see the different trips India Gospel League, Love One More’s parent ministry, offers and the impact it can have!